We’ve been following Nutritionist and Health Blogger, Jessica Sepel, for a few years now and absolutely love her holistic approach to health so we were super excited when we got to speak to Jess about her philosophy, her new program and how she manages to stay healthy while maintaining a busy lifestyle.
1. What is your food philosophy?
Eat real foods. Eat foods that make you feel good – tune into what works for you individually. Cut out the foods that strain your digestion and zap your energy.
2. We can often start each week with great intentions to eat healthy but by the time Sunday rolls around that has all come undone. What’s your biggest piece of advice for maintaining consistency with your health week after week.
Do not deprive or restrict yourself with food. Just commit to balance, not extremes. Don’t ever tell yourself “Monday, the diet starts’ – this creates an all or nothing approach. We need to do things with a kinder and more balanced approach. Living the healthy life doesn’t mean living a perfect life – it’s about building a healthy relationship with food for a long term healthy life.
3. What’s one daily health ritual that sets you up for a successful day?
An amazing healthy morning routine! You can read all about mine here
4. What is your favorite quick brekkie on the run?
My Power Protein Smoothie for sure! I add it to a mason jar or stainless steel flask!
5. What are your 3 top tips for staying healthy while travelling for work?
- Yoga – wherever I go. Do some research and find a studio that you like the sound of! If not, do a simple practice at home.
- Lots of water!
- Making the best food choices available to me – but also being kind/forgiving when this is not possible.
6. You’ve recently launched the 8 week JSHealth program, can you explain to us what the program involves?
The Program is my step-by-step guide to living the healthy life. It guides you through 8-weeks of nutritional advice, meal plans, exercise plans, how-to cooking demos and videos from me. Each week is focused on a different topic, ranging from digestive health to weight balance and is accompanied by downloadable PDFs and a bunch of resources to help you on your journey (think weekly shopping lists, mindful eating exercises and more!)
The JSHealth Program is for anyone who’s ever struggled to find balance with food and their weight, for those who have tried dieting to no avail and for those who have gotten caught up in the toxic cycle of stress and emotional eating. It’s also ideal for anyone who wants to embrace healthy living. In other words, it’s great for beginners as well as the already health-conscious – because we all have to start somewhere!
For more information on the JSHealth 8 week program click here otherwise Jess has two awesome books filled with an abundance of healthy, wholesome recipes!